Building Information Modeling (BIM) is one of the most exciting developments in the construction industry, driving the industry to a model-based process that encourages collaboration from owners, designers, general contractors and all specialty trades.
AGC of America’s Unit 1: An Introduction to Building Information Modeling is a full-day course that provides an overview of BIM terminology and practices while introducing important concepts necessary to understand how BIM is changing the construction process.
Following completion of Unit 1, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the importance of BIM;
• Define common BIM terminology;
• Discuss how BIM can be used as a
communication and collaboration tool;
• Explain the benefits of BIM;
• Explain the federated model process;
• Compare examples of successful BIM usage;
• Discuss issues associated with starting BIM; and
• Create a company BIM assessment.
To gain credit for participation in this course it must be facilitated in-seat by an approved instructor. Visit www.agc.org/BIMEP for more information.
This product is also available through Amazon as a Kindle® ebook
Discounted member price:
You could save: